After completing a burn test analysis:
- Wool – when burn tested sputters out and has no smoke- smells like burning hair-dissolves in bleach- yellows with alkaline detergents
- Cotton, Jute – burns even with no smoke- smells like burning paper- dissolves in sulfuric acid-can brown with alkaline detergents
- Nylon – Burns even with a white puff at end-smells like celery-dissolves in formic acid- stain resistant
- Olefin (berber)- burns fast and even with a white puff-smells like candle wax – floats n water- wicks stains back with too much water
- Polyester – sputters and beads up black- smells like fruit – very difficult to clean.