Carpet & Tile Cleaning SAFETY RULES
Objective: To provide guidelines for the establishment of a safe work environment. The Safety Rules listed in this program apply to everyone employed by the company.
- Wet floor signs
- Caution tape
- Care with moving furniture
- Furniture blocks and tabs when returning furniture
- Door guards and plastic tabs to cover hoses from contacting furniture
- Walk off mats used as staging area to place unused equipment or chemicals
- MSDS Sheets
- Proper footwear and clothing shall be worn at all times.
- All employees will wear, as required; the personal protective equipment assigned to them and maintains it in a sanitary condition.
- Do not operate any machine with which you are unfamiliar without first obtaining the proper instruction.
- Equipment must never be repaired until after the machine is turned off and unplugged.
- Never leave equipment running when it is not in use.
- Never operate electrical equipment around wet areas.
- Never jerk cords out of outlets.
- Do not leave objects or spills on the floor which might cause others to trip and fall.
- Do not block fire exits or traffic lanes.
- Always observe proper lifting procedures. Get help when lifting heavy objects.
- Never dump dirty mop water or other liquids outdoors.
- Always stay in assigned areas. Failure to do so is a violation of safety and security.
- Wash hands as often as possible.
- Never mix chemicals or remove labels from chemical bottles.
Whenever in doubt about the safety of any given situation, contact a supervisor before continuing. As previously stated, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take time to do it safely.