Procedure to remove ice cream from carpet:
- Start with a spoon and remove any solids and blot with a white towel any excess ice cream.
- Best to always start working from the outside of the stain and work your way inside.
- Mix a cleaning solution of 1/4 teaspoon of hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of warm water. Never hot.
- Apply a clean white towel to the solution then blot and dampen the affected area. Never rub the carpet or scrub hard but blot or tap. Also avoid over wetting the carpet, dampen but not soak.
- Blot gently and keep flipping the towel over to a clean area
- To rinse, start with a clean white towel and clear warm (never hot) water. dip the towel in the water then blot the carpeted area repeatedly until you feel the detergent was removed.
- Dry, use a clean dry towel and apply pressure to soak up all the water. Continue to flip over the cloth to dry areas and repeating.
- When stain is gone you can place a white towel over the area and leave a plastic garbage over it to continue to absorb the water.